- Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 6-inch aperture provides excellent light-gathering ability at an affordable price. You’ll get impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- Fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
Celestron SC telescopes:
Despite the long focal length of these telescopes, the OTA itself has a very short length, making the system a compact telescope which is extremely easy to transport. Light first hits an aspherically figured Schmidt corrector plate and is then thrown onto a spherical main mirror. This reflects the light back up, throwing it onto a secondary mirror which subsequently throws it back in the direction of main mirror. The light then passes through a central hole in the main mirror and into the focuser at the bottom of the OTA. Thus, the system is closed and hence does not suffer from air turbulence which could degrade the image. Of course, this also means that the system is optimally protected from dust. The Schmidt plate is multi-coated, ensuring bright images which do not suffer from stray light reflections.
This telescope provides a very good image, boasting high contrast and definition and provides a lot of pleasure when planetary observing. The Schmidt-Cassegrain design provides a good all-round system suitable for both observing and astrophotography and with an enormous range of optional accessories available. Using the bottom end of the OTA to look through means easy orientation. The system is also optimal for occasional terrestrial observing, e.g. birdwatching at close range. Celestron SC telescopes have an aperture ratio of around 1:10 which, so astrophotography is also very easily possible.
Main mirror focusing means a very large range of focus is made available, which allows virtually any common accessory to be used. Two pre-loaded ball bearings are used in the main mirror focus positioning mechanism in order to prevent ‘mirror shift’ – a typical problem when using simple bushings. The use of high quality materials such as CNC-milled aluminium components, cast steel and stainless steel guarantees extreme robustness with low weight. This means that a very heavy mount is unnecessary, not always the case for other telescope designs.
Features of these telescopes:
- long focal length with short OTA
- low weight aluminium OTA
- high quality XLT multi-coating
- closed system
- pre-loaded ball bearings for low mirror shift main mirror focusing
Included in delivery with the telescope:
- OTA with 152mm aperture and 1500mm focal length
- 25mm Ploessl eyepiece
- 1.25″ star diagonal
- mounting rail
- 6×30, straight view finder scope
Celestron NexStar mount:
Finally, the ‘Travel Pro’ – the first variable-use fork mount from Celestron, with built-in stand, which can also be used without a tripod. A knob allows the OTA to be disconnected from the Celestron Travel Pro fork mount, allowing you to take the telescope on flights as hand luggage and to put the mount in a suitcase. Also other telescopes, used for other purposes, can be connected onto the same fork mount – such as a solar telescope or various cameras with a range of lenses, etc.
GoTo control with ‘SkyAlign’. It has never been so easy to align a telescope: no spirit levels, aligning with the North Pole, compass, or finding of Polaris is necessary (a balcony observatory). Simply enter the location coordinates and time, point at any three stars – whose names you do not even have to know – and press ‘Enter’. The telescope immediately ‘knows’ the sky and can slew to up to 40,000 pre-programmed objects as if by magic.
An update-capable hand controller, future-proof thanks to flash EPROM technology, can download the latest control software version via the Internet at any time.
An optional GPS module even saves your having to enter the location coordinates and time. This data is obtained automatically by the GPS module directly from the GPS satellite system each time you use the telescope.
Remote control via PC: Using the ‘NexRemote’ program, included in delivery, allows remote control of the telescope by any laptop / PC.
The equipment includes only a power supply for a car socket.
A suitable power supply is: 12V/3A (item nr.: 14531)
|Optical system of the telescope:||Schmidt-Cassegrain|
|Collective capacity (compared to the naked eye):||
|Maximum useful magnification:||
|Focal length of glasses / magnification:||
25mm / 60x
|Type of spectacle lift:||
SCT / MAK
|The diameter of the eyepiece extractor:||
1.25 “/ 90 ° mirrored
red dot (StarPointer)
|eyepiece: 25 mm (60x)|
|software on CD: NexRemote V1.6.14 & The Sky L1|