- Explore the Universe and control your NexStar Evolution telescope with the free Celestron SkyPortal app for iOS and Android!
- Compact, portable 6-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with StarBright XLT optical coatings and Fastar compatibility
- Computerized GoTo mount with high-performance brass worm gears and motors for improved tracking accuracy, along with reduced gear backlash
- Rechargeable lithium-iron phosphate battery with enough power for 10 hours of continuous observing
- Improved industrial design with manual clutches and integrated carry handles, plus the added convenience of two accessory trays and a USB charge port for your smart device
Celestron manual, Eng – download
“This robotic WiFi telescope is the coolest app-cessory in the galaxy”
“5-star overall rating”
-BBC Sky at Night Magazine
The NexStar Evolution is the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with integrated WiFi. Leave your hand control behind and slew to all the best celestial objects with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to NexStar Evolution’s built-in wireless network, and explore the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Use the planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you’re ready to observe within minutes.
The most user-friendly telescope ever
Celestron engineers designed NexStar Evolution based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide you the best possible experience out under the stars.
Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in battery. With this ultra-long life lithium-iron phosphate battery, you’ll be able to enjoy stargazing marathons up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can even use NexStar Evolution’s USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session. An intelligent power management system senses when battery levels are low and goes into power-saving mode to keep your telescope running for as long as possible.
Setting up your NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The all-metal tripod features a metal accessory tray with indentations for storing and carrying the tripod. During setup, leg etchings help you achieve a level, uniform height for your telescope. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
Superior tracking fit for astroimaging
If you’re interested in astroimaging, the 6-inch NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, you can add our HD Pro Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. NexStar Evolution compatible with the wedge when used with the CPC tripod (sold separately).
Of course, the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports–2 on top of the fork and 2 on the bottom. A classic NexStar+ hand control is included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the mobile app. The telescope also includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25” star diagonal, and an AC adapter.
Characteristics of the Evolution series:
- Built-in WiFi – the telescope does not require a classic Go-To controller on the cable. Just install the included software on your smartphone or tablet to operate the telescope via a wireless network;
- Free software by Celestron – allows you to obtain a realistic image of the sky for a given moment, it also has many advanced options – including predicting the visibility of the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, determining the transits of the Galilean moons, and for other objects – moments of towering, conjunctions, sunrises and sunsets . The program prompts the observer with the most interesting nebular objects. In addition, many of the objects have extensive descriptions illustrated with beautiful photos;
- Internal long-life lithium-ion battery – recharges with an external charger. The battery guarantees 10 hours of continuous operation;
- Precisely made gears and modified engines – enable high precision of driving. Worm gears are used both in the azimuth axis and in the height axis, which allows to minimize backlash. This is a major improvement over the currently produced SE series;
- SkyAlign – a simple and quick method of aligning the telescope based on three bright stars in the sky;
- NexStar + controller included – although the telescope can be operated via WiFi for full functionality, the NexStar + controller typically used in Celestron telescopes has been added;
- Improved tripod – all elements of the tripod are made of metal, which significantly improves the load-bearing capacity and stability of the structure. There are several markers on the legs of the tripod for easy leveling for different heights;
- Quick folding and unfolding – all elements are screwed with convenient screws with large handles. The telescope can be assembled without any tools in a very short time;
- 4 AUX ports – allow you to connect additional devices to the Evolution mount. In particular, such a port may be useful for connecting a StarSense system that allows automatic positioning;
- Power supply included – the telescope has a universal power supply that allows you to work with different supply voltages and with different types of plugs. PSU parameters: 12V 2.1A ;
- Accessory table – allows you to mount 3 eyepieces 1.25″, 1 eyepiece 2″ as well as other accessories. The table does not have to be disassembled when folding the tripod legs.
There are no reviews yet.